Q: What is a UPC?
A: UPC is an acronym for Universal Product Code. The UPC can be generally be found on the back of your item by the barcode.
Q: Do you buy items without a UPC?
A: We do not buy items without a UPC.
Types of Items
Q:What types of items do you buy?
A: We buy items that are in good or better condition that have a UPC and that have a demonstrated demand in the used item market. We buy Blu-Ray, DVDs, CDs, Video Games and Video Game Console Systems. We do NOT buy cassettes, 8-track tapes or other similar obsolete media. Our pricing screen will tell you whether we are buying a specific item once you've entered the UPC code. Items that we typically do not buy are: Items without UPCs, items that are marked as not for resale, items in poor condition, items sold from an intermediate supplier (e.g. BMG music that manufactures CDs or DVDs under license from original publisher), outdated computer items and counterfeit items.
Q:Will you buy several copies of a given item?
A:We do buy multiple copies of an item. Please use the contact link to tell us about the items that you have. Please provide a phone number where we may contact you.
Q:Will you buy a non-original copy of an item?
A:No, we will not buy unauthorized items not produced by original manufacturer/publisher! We will only buy the original manufacturer produced item. We will not buy user burned DVDs, CDs. We will not buy 3rd party license copies (for example BMG issued items). We will not buy counterfeit, illegally produced items.
Q: What sort of physical condition should the items be in?
A: Items must be in very good condition which means that the items must meet the following criteria:
Items received that do not meet these requirements are not eligible for payment, will be deducted from the total amount and associated shipping charges (based on weight, we will subtract the weight of that item from your total weight and adjust the shipping appropriately) and will not be returned - so please make sure that your items meet our quality requirements and PLEASE pack your items carefully. Items damaged during shipment are not our responsibility and will be treated as unacceptable.
- Cover or casing should not be broken, i.e. it should not have any cracks, breaks, missing pieces.
- All packaging should be included and complete. For example: video game consoles should have instructions, box, all controllers, etc; CDs should have all artwork, inserts, etc that came in original packaging, etc; similar for DVDs and Video Games.
- Any media (CDs, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc) should have no scratches. We do not play every CD, DVD, Video Game we receive so we visually inspect each item for condition evaluation.
- Absolutely no water or moisture damage - stains, rings, etc.
- No fire or smoke damage.
- No strong odor of any kind (including musty odor, cigar or cigarette odor).
- No items that state not for resale (or not for sale) anywhere on the cover or inside.
- No ex-library items.
- No partial sets (ie, only sending DVD 1 of a 2 volume set).
To ensure that items are not damaged please follow these guidelines:
- Use a sturdy corrugated box. Thin boxes (e.g., cereal boxes) will not protect your items in shipment.
- Do not use plastic peanuts for packing material. Plastic peanuts shift during transit and damage items. Nearly every shipment we've received with plastic peanuts result in several damaged items
- Choose the right size of box. Huge boxes of items nearly always result in damaged items.
- Keep the weight of the box and items under 35 lbs. Heavy boxes nearly always result in damaged items.
- Use wadded up newspaper to fill gaps. Newspaper can be wadded up tightly and provide protection.
Q: When and how do I get paid?
A: Payment is issued within three days of us receiving your items.
Q: How long does it take to get paid?
A: To keep shipping costs down and pay you more, we ship via USPS media mail. This can take as little as a couple of days or as long as a couple of weeks. So, the real variable in time to get paid is the postal service's shipping. You can always purchase tracking so you can track your order to our location. It can take up to 21 days to arrive at our warehouse. Depending on the volume of boxes that we receive - we attempt to check in all items within one business day. For quickest payment use PayPal!
Q: Does Sell DVDS Online Pay For Shipping?
A: Yes, after you complete your order you will be able to print a free Pre-Paid shipping label.
Q: What if I Want To Ship My Items Using UPS, Federal Express or the US Postal Service using First Class Mail?
A: We will gladly accept your packages no matter how you decide to ship them to us. However, should you decide to use a different service than USPS (e.g. UPS, Federal Express) you are solely responsible for all charges incurred.
Q: Should I pay for tracking and insurance on my package of items?
A: You should pay for tracking if you are interested in confirming the location of the box as it moves through the postal service and ultimately delivery to our location. You should purchase insurance if the loss or destruction of your package through the postal service is an unacceptable risk. Both of those costs are up to you. Generally, it doesn't cost much to track and insure a package. Also, you can decide to use Fedex or UPS but as indicated above, you are responsible for all charges using these services.
Q: What happens if I don't include some of the items on the packing slip?
A: Indicate on the packing slip which items were not shipped. For example you can cross out items as not included and indicate as such.
Q: What happens if you don't receive my items?
A: If you purchased insurance through the postal service, you can submit a claim to the postal service. We can only pay for items that we receive and meet our quality requirements (see Item Condition above).